Canadian Chamber Choir (CCC) seeks applicants for its Conducting Fellow Program for its September 2014 New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island tour
This outstanding opportunity offers conductors a unique platform to hone their skills while preparing and rehearsing challenging repertoire under the leadership of CCC Artistic Director Dr. Julia Davids. Conductors will benefit from immersion in a professional music-making environment while on tour with the CCC.
Please send the following (either by email/mp3 or post) to:
CCC Artistic Director: Dr. Julia Davids
5247 Cleveland Street, Skokie, IL 60077 USA firstname.lastname@example.org
· Cover letter
· Resumé/CV including contact information for 3 references
· List of repertoire conducted in rehearsal and performance
· One video recording of the conductor (front view) in rehearsal or performance
· Application fee of $25
Application deadline: June 30th, 2014.
Successful applicant will be notified by July 15th, 2014.
· Conducting Fellow will conduct the Canadian Chamber Choir both in rehearsal and performance. Repertoire will be decided with the Artistic Director.
· Conducting Fellow may have the opportunity to sing with the ensemble, if appropriate.
· Conducting Fellow is responsible for all travel expenses getting to and from Nova Scotia.
· Conducting Fellow is responsible for a $500 tuition fee (payable to the Canadian Chamber Choir).
· The CCC will cover all expenses during the tour (travel, room, and board).
Says Davids: "...aspiring and working conductors have the chance to experiment in communicating their own musical ideas to an established professional ensemble, with the guidance of the CCC Artistic Director and the added benefit of feedback from the singers themselves."
My experience as the 2013 Conducting Fellow of the Canadian Chamber Choir was one of the most enriching musical experiences of my life. The choir's sense of collegiality is unlike any I've ever encountered, and is matched by their professionalism and prowess as an ensemble. Professor Davids provided the perfect balance between hands-on experience and expert instruction, and continues to be an encouraging mentor since my fellowship with the choir. All aspects of my musicianship were bettered by this experience. - Kathleen Allan, 2013 Conducting Fellow
For more information about the CCC and the Conducting Fellowship, please visit www.canadianchamberchoir.ca.